IT’S FAST & EASY
Heat Pump Repair and Replacement
Maintenance for Cost Reduction
When your HVAC system isn’t working properly, it can be frustrating and lead to higher energy bills. To help you identify and fix common issues with your heat pump, here is a troubleshooting guide:
1. No heat: Check that your thermostat is set to “on” and “heat.” Then make sure a circuit breaker hasn’t tripped. If you recently installed a new thermostat, make sure it’s a model appropriate for heat pumps and wired properly.
2. Insufficient heat: Clogged filters, fan and coils can limit airflow and harm your system. Change your filter once a month, clean the unit’s coils and fan, and remove any yard debris that may have gathered around it. Your system may also have blocked air ducts, faulty valves, or poor refrigeration flow.
3. Cold air instead of heat: Air from a heat pump won’t be as warm as a forced-air furnace. But if the air still seems too cool, set the thermostat to emergency heat and at least 5 degrees above the inside temperature. If you get warm air, there may be a problem with your outdoor unit. Cold air means there’s possibly an issue with your thermostat or air handler. Your system may have also gone into defrost mode to avoid icing up. If you see frost or ice on the outdoor coil, your unit may have a defective defroster timer or control module, or it may be low on refrigerant.
4. Heat pump turns on and off frequently: Change your air filter and then look at your thermostat, because it may need to be reset or new batteries. If it’s cold and your system is working constantly, the thermostat may be set too high. Also, some heat pumps have trouble heating around 25 to 30 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. Rattling, grinding or squealing noises: If you hear rattling, try tightening the cover panels. If you hear grinding or squealing, switch off your system and contact Comfort Zone Mechanical Service Experts. This could signal a serious problem.
If you’re still having problems with your heat pump after trying these troubleshooting steps, it’s best to contact a professional for help. Our team of certified technicians can repair any type of heat pump and ensure that your system is working properly.
Should I Repair or Replace My Heat Pump?
Our team of certified technicians are trained to handle all types of heat pump repairs and replacements, ensuring that your HVAC system is running efficiently and effectively. We understand the importance of having a reliable heating and cooling system in your home, which is why we strive to provide prompt and professional service.
In addition to repair and replacement services, we also offer regular maintenance plans to keep your heat pump in top condition. Regular maintenance can help prevent costly repairs and prolong the lifespan of your system. Our maintenance plans include regular inspections, cleaning, and tune-ups to ensure that your heat pump is running at peak performance.
We stand behind our work with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee, so you can trust that we will do the job right the first time. Contact us at 209-884-0101 to schedule your heat pump repair or replacement today.
Comfort Zone is a family-owned and operated residential and commercial indoor air quality services company. Our goal is to provide the most professional service possible, Our team of trained and experienced technicians uses the most advanced equipment to get the best results in every service we provide.
Why Choose Us?
Locally Owned & Operated
Trained & Experienced Technicians
Most Advanced Equipment
Free In-Home Estimates
Serving Multiple Locations:
Comfort Zone Mechanical proudly serves the following cities in California: